Appleton, Wisconsin, USA 25 July 2018 -- Citing Voith capabilities and technology leadership, Green Bay Packaging has announced a landmark contract award that tasks Voith with providing a complete packaging production line. The new PM 4 will be installed at Green Bay Packaging's location in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
The family-owned paper and packaging producer Green Bay Packaging awarded Voith an order for a 300 inch (7.62 m) wide production line for testliner. The order includes an effluent treatment plant, BlueLine stock preparation, WEP, XcelLine paper machine with a design speed of 3,940 ft/min (1,200 m/min) and a VariFlex Performance winder. The package also includes paper machine clothing, a seven-year Total Roll Management contract for several machines, and Papermaking 4.0 products.
"Partnering with a family-owned company whose North American headquarters is in Appleton, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging is advancing its commitment to positively impacting the local economy and becoming a more sustainable producer. We appreciate Voith's ability to get this advanced paper machine fully operational on a condensed timeline to help meet our customer demands," said Will Kress, President and CEO of Green Bay Packaging."
"Voith is proud of this historic project, and we are eager to continue our strong partnership with Green Bay Packaging," said Martin Jauch, President Business Line Projects, Voith Paper North America.
The contract is of a breadth and scope previously unseen in the United States papermaking industry as a complete mill order has never before been sourced from a single manufacturer. Voith is the region's only manufacturer capable of providing components for such a complete installation. The construction of the mill will be handled by Miron Construction Co, Inc., while KSH will supply the engineering, targeting a start-up in early 2021.
About the company
Voith Paper is a Group Division of Voith and the leading partner and pioneer in the paper industry. Through constant innovations Voith Paper is optimizing the paper manufacturing process and facilitating resource-conserving production. The company's Papermaking 4.0 concept ensures that equipment is optimally networked, while the effective and secure use of the generated data enables paper manufacturers to improve their competitiveness. With its Servolution concept, Voith Paper offers its customers tailored service solutions for all sections of the production process.
Voith is a global technology group. With its wide range of plants, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets for energy, oil and gas, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, Voith today has more than 19,000 employees and earns 4.2 billion euros in sales. It has locations in over 60 countries and is one of the largest family-owned companies in Europe. For more information, please visit www.Voith.com.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.