Espoo, Finland 13 August 2018 -- Valmet has been chosen as a supplier by Ahlstrom-Munksjö for the upgrade of the recovery boiler and surrounding systems in the Billingsfors mill in Sweden. The main objective is to increase the capacity of the recovery boiler. The upgrade will also result in a better boiler availability and environmental performance.
The order was included in Valmet's second quarter 2018 orders received. The value of this kind of order is typically above EUR 10 million. The upgraded recovery boiler is planned to be started in the second half of 2019.
Valmet will bring major upgrades to the pulp mill's recovery boiler. The lower part will be replaced with a new pressure vessel based on the latest designs for Valmet's high-performing RECOX recovery boilers. New heating surfaces will be installed to increase the boiler's heat economy and enable a higher production of steam. Surrounding systems for combustion air, black liquor, smelt and green liquor will be upgraded.
Valmet has a very high focus on the management of health, safety and environment (HSE) and the delivery to Billingsfors also includes improvements that focus on worker safety and a better working environment in the boiler building.
"We are very happy and proud to have been chosen as supplier for this important upgrade and are really looking forward to working together with Billingsfors. We will bring the knowledge and technology of Valmet and will combine this with a solid partnership approach that brings the mill's performance forward," says Marcus Grundevik, Sales Manager at Valmet.
"We at Ahlstrom-Munksjö Billingsfors look forward to work with Valmet in the upgrade of our recovery boiler. This project is an important step for Billingsfors to meet the stricter environmental regulations through an improved process, reducing local air emissions. This investment is also key for improved efficiency in the mill including lower maintenance costs and higher pulp and insulation paper production," says Jonas Lindqvist, Plant Manager, Ahlstrom-Munksjö Paper AB Billingsfors.
Information about the customer Ahlstrom Munksjö
Ahlstrom-Munksjö is a global leader in fiber-based materials, supplying innovative and sustainable solutions to customers worldwide. Its offerings include decor paper, filter media, release liners, abrasive backings, nonwovens, electrotechnical paper, glass fiber materials, food packaging and labeling, tape, medical fiber materials and solutions for diagnostics. Ahlstrom-Munksjö's annual net sales are about EUR 2.2 billion and it employs 6,000 people. The Ahlstrom-Munksjö share is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki and Stockholm. Read more at www.ahlstrom-munksjo.com.
Valmet is the leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. We aim to become the global champion in serving our customers.
Valmet's strong technology offering includes pulp mills, tissue, board and paper production lines, as well as power plants for bioenergy production. Our advanced services and automation solutions improve the reliability and performance of our customers' processes and enhance the effective utilization of raw materials and energy.
Valmet's net sales in 2017 were approximately EUR 3.1 billion. Our more than 12,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers' performance forward - every day. Valmet's head office is in Espoo, Finland and its shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.