Espoo, Finland 20 March 2018 -- Valmet has developed a chrome-free Yankee cylinder coating, Valmet Infinikote-2 Yankee Metallizing, to improve work safety in the coating process and sustainability of the coating as well as to comply with potential future legislation both in the EU and the US. The new coating developed by Valmet is the environmentally safest Yankee metallizing coating available.
High performance thermal spray coating increases Yankee cylinder efficiency and lifetime. The thermal spraying process of the new coating is the same as in Valmet's previous Yankee cylinder metallizing coating but now the material being applied is completely chrome free. The new material does not contain any chrome and does not generate any hexavalent chrome during its application.
Valmet has over 20 years of experience in Yankee cylinder thermal spray coating. A recognized risk of metallizing has been that during the process potentially harmful hexavalent chromium is created. Chromium is a fundamental component of almost every ferrous based hard-facing alloy.
Yankee metallizing is often carried out on-site at the customer's premises. "With the new chrome free Yankee cylinder coating we enhance work safety and are ready to comply with stricter environmental legislation," says Marko Heino, Director, Field Services, Valmet.
Valmet's new generation of Yankee cylinder metallizing alloy contains no chromium-bearing constituents. "Test results with the new material are convincing, demonstrating significantly improved application characteristics and meeting or exceeding all our key objectives," says Andrew Cross, Senior Operations Manager, Global Yankee Services, Valmet.
In addition to being chromium free, the new Valmet Infinikote-2 Yankee Metallizing coating also boasts the following improvements: reduced dust production and fumes during its application and increased heat conductivity. It also provides a tougher and more wear resistant surface which prolongs the expected life time of the cylinder.
Valmet is the leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. We aim to become the global champion in serving our customers.
Valmet's strong technology offering includes pulp mills, tissue, board and paper production lines, as well as power plants for bioenergy production. Our advanced services and automation solutions improve the reliability and performance of our customers' processes and enhance the effective utilization of raw materials and energy.
Valmet's net sales in 2017 were approximately EUR 3.2 billion. Our more than 12,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers' performance forward - every day. Valmet's head office is in Espoo, Finland and its shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412. A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Working as a Consultant? Looking for some additional challenges with a flexible scheduling? Have a background in Consistency Control? This may be just the opportunity you are looking for: A large multi-national automation company seeks an expert in paper mill consistency technology. This individual will facilitate application support and start-ups in the paper mill environment. In addition, the ability to provide troubleshooting and technical advice and support is strongly desired. The individual should have an understanding of rotary, blade, microwave and optical consistency and the application of these devices in the paper mill. The company sells and maintains a line of consistency transmitters, sample valves and sheet break detectors. These products are marketed in the US through a rep. network. Knowledge of sheet break detection technology is also desirable. Individual must be willing to travel to paper production facilities across the US. Travel & Living Expenses to be reimbursed along with an agreed upon daily per diem rate. For more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.