Mobile, Alabama, USA 12 April 2018 -- /PRNewswire/ -- Kimberly-Clark Corporation has approved a capacity expansion project at its Mobile, Alabama manufacturing facility that will support K-C Professional's continued bath tissue category growth in North America.
"The Mobile team is excited about the role we will play in supporting the projected growth of the bath tissue category in North America as a result of this capacity expansion project," said Todd Visscher, Mill Manager for Kimberly-Clark's Mobile operations. "This investment, the commitment of our employees, and the community support will together bolster Mobile Mill's competitive position within Kimberly-Clark."
With an estimated investment of more than $100 million, this two-year project is expected to deliver improved capacity, greater manufacturing efficiency, and enhanced product quality.
Less than a year ago, Kimberly-Clark announced another significant investment in the Mobile facility for the construction of an on-site state-of-the-art combined heat-power plant and various other production enhancements.
"This investment is a testament to the strength of Kimberly-Clark's Mobile facility and its workforce," said Bill Sisson, President and CEO of the Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce.
"It's rewarding to see Kimberly-Clark make another significant re-investment in its Mobile mill, which has been a major employer in the area for more than two decades," said Greg Canfield, secretary of the Alabama Department of Commerce. "We've forged a great partnership with Kimberly-Clark over the years, and the state and local teams will continue to support the company's future successes."
"This expansion by Kimberly-Clark is about more than just jobs - it's about a global, Fortune 500 company reinvesting in our city and deepening a partnership that dates back more than 20 years. When existing businesses are thriving in combination with new jobs and investment, that's a winning formula. That's how we're transforming Mobile into the most business-friendly city in America," said City of Mobile Mayor Sandy Stimpson.
Mobile County Commission District 1 Commissioner Merceria Ludgood said, "We're happy that Kimberly-Clark has found Mobile County's economy good for business as they continue to invest and provide jobs. In just the past year, Kimberly Clark has committed more than $200 million in improvements to their plant here."
Kimberly-Clark employs more than 680 workers at the Mobile site, where it first established a presence in 1995 by acquiring it from Scott Paper Company, and produces bath tissue and paper towels under the Scott, Cottonelle, and K-C Professional brand names.
About Kimberly-Clark Professional
Kimberly-Clark Professional partners with businesses to create Exceptional Workplaces, helping to make them healthier, safer and more productive. Key brands in this segment include: Kleenex, Scott, WypAll, Kimtech and Jackson Safety. To see how Kimberly-Clark Professional is helping people around the world to work better, please visit www.kcprofessional.com.
Kimberly-Clark (NYSE: KMB) and its trusted brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Fueled by ingenuity, creativity, and an understanding of people's most essential needs, we create products that help individuals experience more of what's important to them. Our portfolio of brands, including Huggies, Kleenex, Scott, Kotex, Cottonelle, Poise, Depend, Andrex, Pull-Ups, GoodNites, Intimus, Neve, Plenitud, Viva and WypAll, hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position in 80 countries. We use sustainable practices that support a healthy planet, build stronger communities, and ensure our business thrives for decades to come.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Working as a Consultant? Looking for some additional challenges with a flexible scheduling? Have a background in Consistency Control? This may be just the opportunity you are looking for: A large multi-national automation company seeks an expert in paper mill consistency technology. This individual will facilitate application support and start-ups in the paper mill environment. In addition, the ability to provide troubleshooting and technical advice and support is strongly desired. The individual should have an understanding of rotary, blade, microwave and optical consistency and the application of these devices in the paper mill. The company sells and maintains a line of consistency transmitters, sample valves and sheet break detectors. These products are marketed in the US through a rep. network. Knowledge of sheet break detection technology is also desirable. Individual must be willing to travel to paper production facilities across the US. Travel & Living Expenses to be reimbursed along with an agreed upon daily per diem rate. For more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.