Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada 24 April 2018 -- (News release) -- Irving Pulp and Paper as well as Irving Tissue on the west side of Saint John is under way with a $40 million investment with an impact across NB. Eighty-four (84) New Brunswick companies will be working on the modernization, accounting for $29 million of the investment. These suppliers are located across New Brunswick. The project is scheduled for completion on May 14, 2018.
This project is also going to provide hands-on learning experiences for the workforce of the future - over twenty-five co-op students from the University of New Brunswick, Dalhousie University, Memorial University in Newfoundland & Labrador as well as the New Brunswick Community College (NBCC).
This new investment brings environmental benefits. Today, the pulp mill is already 95% green energy. This upgrade will improve energy use and further reduce the site's carbon footprint.
"The pulp mill is the heart of our forest products value chain - from seed to store shelf - sustaining over 9,600 direct, indirect, and induced jobs across New Brunswick," said Mark Mosher, Vice President of the Irving Pulp and Paper Division. "Every year we are growing more wood than we harvest. This wood goes to our sawmills. Chips from sawmills across the region are the primary ingredient for the pulp mill here in Saint John. The pulp is then used to produce quality tissue in Saint John, Dieppe, Toronto, New York and in 2019, Macon, Georgia. The work we are doing will improve the quality and volume of tissue made for Canada's top brands- Royale and Majesta as well Scotties in US," Mosher explained.
"New Brunswick is home and our owners are focused on a strong future for these mills. We're really excited about what this modernization means for our employees, Saint John and our many suppliers across the province," said Mosher.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Working as a Consultant? Looking for some additional challenges with a flexible scheduling? Have a background in Consistency Control? This may be just the opportunity you are looking for: A large multi-national automation company seeks an expert in paper mill consistency technology. This individual will facilitate application support and start-ups in the paper mill environment. In addition, the ability to provide troubleshooting and technical advice and support is strongly desired. The individual should have an understanding of rotary, blade, microwave and optical consistency and the application of these devices in the paper mill. The company sells and maintains a line of consistency transmitters, sample valves and sheet break detectors. These products are marketed in the US through a rep. network. Knowledge of sheet break detection technology is also desirable. Individual must be willing to travel to paper production facilities across the US. Travel & Living Expenses to be reimbursed along with an agreed upon daily per diem rate. For more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.